Well guys, the top of the quilt is finally finished! Yaaaaaaay! Now I just need to finish the lining and drop it off tomorrow for machine quilting. Hopefully I’ll get it back in time to do the binding. Fingers crossed.
I used a zig-zag appliqué stitch on the light at the top and it makes it look weird compared to the rest of the quilt, but whatever. I just have to accept that not everything can be perfect. I spent a lot of time hand stitching huge segments of the quilt together, and it was a pain in the ass when parts of it would pucker and no matter how much smoothing I did, end up misaligned. I had to undo the top a couple of times before I got it to all fit together reasonably well.
Just waiting now for some of the lining fabric to dry.
LIKE I NEEDED MORE AMAZING CRAFTS I WISH I HAD TIME FOR.